My areas of expertise include corporate communications, grant writing, B2C and B2B marketing campaigns, digital strategy, developmental editing, and more. If the job involves storytelling, words, and crafting your message to best reach your audience, I’m your woman.
Here are just a few examples of different projects I’ve been a part of that can give you some ideas about what I might be able to do for you or your organization.
- Speak to a Global Audience. I consulted for Tompkins Conversation’s “Route of Parks” project launch and translated and adapted all web content for an English-speaking audience on an aggressive timeline. The project earned extensive media coverage in outlets including The Guardian, National Geographic, BBC, Financial Times, and more.
- Craft Your Corporate Communications. I designed and executed an overhaul of ACT’s Talent Strategy communications, including a full rebrand of their human resources department both internally and externally.
- Strengthen Your Marketing. Web content, ad copy, ecommerce, advertorial, print collateral…for clients as diverse as textile designers, architects, real estate rental services, salmon fisheries, educational content providers, and more, I’ve done it all!
- Develop Your Brand. I’ve been thinking about branding, across many different industries, for a very long time. Recently, I led a tone and style rebrand for a major Chilean tourism company, including carrying out in-depth interviews with clients and executing a complete imagining of the company’s customer-facing Brand Guidelines in order to better communicate its value proposition with the intended audience. We then used those guidelines to strategize the web, social, and print marketing plan, and I rewrote all English-language web content and marketing collateral.
- Report and Tell Your Story. The Corridor Business Journal hired me to research and write a special anniversary issue of their annual Women of Influence publication, which included researching and writing 87 profiles of female leaders in Iowa’s Creative Corridor; for most of the profiles, I carried out in-person interviews of the different leaders. I loved this project, have done similar work for other organizations, and would be totally excited to do more.
- Strategize Social Media. I’ve consulted on social media strategy for companies and organizations and have experience with both paid and native content. This includes both launching multi-platform strategies for organizations that have never used social media, as well as dramatically increasing the follower count and––more importantly––the engagement for organizations that already had established presences. I ascribe to a quality-not-quantity philosophy when it comes to followers, and specialize in helping organizations think deeply about their desired audience, ensuring that they’re maximizing their social strategy in order to best communicate their message and make good use of their time on these platforms.
- Offer Services Tailored to Your Foundation, NGO, Political Org, or Non-Profit. I’ve collaborated on projects including grant writing, speech writing, content creation, event ideation, and general communications consulting for organizations including the Iowa Women’s Foundation, Matria Coordinadora Feminista, Democrats Abroad, and others. I’ve worked on electoral campaigns, founded a mission-driven publication and managed a team of 20 writers and designers, and have a deep knowledge of fundraising and donor communications.
- Analyze Your Applications. I have eight years’ experience guiding individual clients as they improve their job applications, undergraduate and graduate school admissions materials, query letters, and more. I really love this work, because it’s all about helping people tell their story and making sure they’re presenting themselves to their best.
- Provide Editing Support (Developmental Through Proofreading). Over the years, I’ve had the pleasure of editing nonfiction and fiction manuscripts, dissertations on a wide range of subjects, qualitative and quantitative research papers, poetry, essays, and more. You can find out more about my special services for children’s writers here!
- Speak Your Language. In addition to fluency in English and Spanish, in my years of marketing and communications experience, I’ve interfaced with a wide variety different teams. I’m used to working with designers, project managers, social teams, production folks, journalists, PR reps, academics, writers, publishing professionals, and creatives of all kinds. I’m a lifelong learner who’s obsessed with podcasts, music, politics, global news, and storytelling in all its forms. I probably speak your organization’s language––and if I don’t, I’m excited to learn it.
- Get Creative. I’m an experienced creative writer and will complete my MFA in July 2020. I’m represented by Kirby Kim at Janklow & Nesbit and plan to go on submission with my first novel this fall. You can find some of my work in Ms. Magazine, Make Lit + Luz, Interstellar Flight Magazine, Lambda Literary, and elsewhere. Currently, I’m completing a Book Scouting internship that’s giving me a lot of insight into the global publishing industry––and some keen insights about how to help future clients think big about their media possibilities moving forward!